Think you’re too old to straighten your teeth? People can actually benefit from orthodontic treatment at any age, and at Chicago Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics, you’re not just limited to bracket and wire metal braces. Now, with clear aligner treatments like Invisalign, you can fix crooked, crowded, and gapped teeth without altering your daily appearance in the process, allowing you to enhance your smile without announcing it to the world every time you speak or eat.
Invisalign® Clear Braces – South Loop • Chicago, IL
The Metal-Free Way to Get Straighter Teeth
Why Choose Chicago Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics for Invisalign® Clear Braces?
- Dr. Dale: Board-certified orthodontist
- Always custom-made to ensure the perfect fit
- 3D printing gets you your aligners even faster
How Do Clear Aligners Work?
Created using a digital impression of the bite, all a patient has to do is wear a progressive series of see-through mouth trays that fit snugly over the teeth. Each one is shaped slightly differently to place the right kind of pressure that slowly brings the teeth to where they need to be, and after a patient has gone through their entire series, that’s it! They should have a perfectly straight smile looking back at them in the mirror.
Benefits of Clear Aligners
It’s really no mystery why more and more people are choosing to straighten their teeth with clear aligners as opposed to traditional braces:
- Practically Invisible: Everyone knows when you have metal braces, but the opposite is true with clear aligners. They practically disappear when a patient is wearing them, meaning you won’t ever have to worry about friends or coworkers noticing your treatment.
- Unmatched Comfort: The smooth plastic of clear aligners is much more forgiving on the mouth compared to metal braces, saving patients from persistent irritation.
- Convenience: Need to eat or brush your teeth? Simply take your aligners off until you’re done. You can slip them off whenever you need, meaning you won’t have to alter your diet or oral hygiene.
- Speed: Treatment with clear aligners can be completed in as little as a few months.
How to Take Care of Your Clear Aligners
Keeping your aligners looking like new doesn’t require some extensive care routine. Whenever you take them out to eat, just give them and your teeth a quick rinse to remove any food particles. At the end of the day, you can just use a soft-bristled toothbrush and clear antibacterial soap to clean them. This will only add about a minute or so to your brushing routine, but it will ensure that your smile stays healthy throughout treatment.
Same-Day In-House Aligners
Our dental office actually offers two different kinds of clear aligners. One you’ve probably heard of, Invisalign, because it is by far the most popular system available today. For patients of Chicago Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics, they can actually choose to use our own in-house aligners as well. Designed by Dr. Dale, we use a 3D printer to create our aligners so patients are able to get them much faster. Invisalign patients typically have to wait weeks to receive their aligners after we take the impression of their teeth, but we’re able to create our aligners the exact same day so you can start right away.