Modern dentistry offers a number of ways to reposition teeth, which makes some people believe that traditional braces are outdated. But that is far from the truth! This time-tested method for straightening teeth is still helping countless individuals to a achieve healthier, more attractive smile. Plus, modern advancements in materials and production techniques mean that traditional braces are more comfortable and subtle than ever before. Let’s discuss how your https://www.chicagopedoortho.com/orthodontics.html can use traditional braces to enable you or your child to enjoy all the benefits of well-aligned teeth.
Traditional Braces – Chicago, IL
Effective, Time-Tested Orthodontic Treatment
Why Choose Chicago Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics for Traditional Braces?
- On-staff, board-certified orthodontist
- Treatment for adults, teens, and kids
- Reliable, effective teeth straightening
How Traditional Braces Work
Traditional braces consist of a series of brackets and wires. Dr. Dale, our on-staff orthodontist, attaches the brackets to the teeth, then uses wires to connect them. Each time you visit our team for checkups throughout your treatment period, Dr. Dale adjusts the wires. The constant pressure on the teeth gently moves them into their proper positions. Sometimes, the braces work alongside other orthodontic appliances to ensure that patients achieve a well-aligned bite and fully functional mouth.
The total treatment time with braces for the teeth to reach their proper places varies from patient to patient. After you get your braces removed, it’s important that you wear a retainer so your teeth don’t drift back out of place. At first, you’ll need to wear the retainer full-time. As time passes, however, you may be able to graduate to wearing it just a few nights each week.
Advantages of Traditional Braces
Advantages of Traditional Braces
- Since they are attached to your teeth all the time, you won’t have to worry about losing them or forgetting to wear them.
- They are one of the most affordable orthodontic treatments. Many dental insurance policies cover them.
- You can pick from a wide variety of colors. For adult braces in South Loop, you might choose discreet colors, while kids may love to express themselves with bright brackets.
What to Expect With Traditional Braces
Here are a few notes on what you can expect throughout your treatment period:
- You’ll need to make a few dietary adjustments. It’s recommended that you avoid extremely hard or sticky foods, as well as anything that could get stuck in the braces.
- Oral hygiene is key. We’ll provide you with all the tools and knowledge you need to keep your mouth clean throughout your treatment so you can avoid dental decay and bad breath.
- If you play sports, you’ll need to wear a guard to protect your braces while you’re on the field or court
- Your mouth might be a little sore each time you get your braces adjusted. Eating soft foods, sipping cold water, and using OTC pain medications can help with any discomfort.
Are Braces Right for You?
Whether you’re considering braces for yourself or your child, you’ll need to meet with Dr. Dale. He can review treatment options and determine if you are a good candidate for traditional braces. Contact us today to schedule your consultation with Dr. Dale.