Traditional braces are very effective, but some patients are reluctant to commit to them because of the way they look. If that is true of you, visit our team to discuss lingual braces. They can correct misalignment without calling a lot of attention to themselves — in fact, they may not call any attention to themselves! Dr. Dale, our on-staff orthodontist, uses advanced INBRACE technology to help patients enjoy the benefits of straighter teeth without traditional braces.
Lingual Braces - Chicago, IL
Incognito Orthodontic Treatment
What Lingual Braces Are
The word “lingual” describes anything that relates to or is facing the tongue. Lingual braces, therefore, are facing the inside of the mouth rather than the outside. Since they are on the backs of the teeth, they are virtually unnoticeable to casual observers.
Lingual braces work on the same principle as traditional braces. Brackets are attached to the teeth, and a wire connects the brackets. The brackets and wire apply continuous, gentle force to the teeth in order to move them into their proper positions. Following treatment, you should have a well-aligned bite that is as functional as it is beautiful.
Advantages of Lingual Braces
Of course, the most outstanding benefit of lingual braces is their discreet nature. They are completely hidden behind the teeth. Other perks of this orthodontic treatment include:
- Nothing to remove. The braces are attached to the teeth on a long-term basis. That makes them perfect for individuals who want discreet treatment but who don’t want to have to remember to wear a clear aligner.
- Easy oral hygiene. INBRACE technology features smartwires, which make it easy for you to maintain a clean mouth throughout your treatment period.
- Comparable pricing. You’ll need to visit us for an estimate of the price of your treatment. In general, though, the price of lingual braces is usually in the same ballpark as that of clear aligners. Some types of dental insurance cover a portion of the cost of orthodontic treatments, including lingual braces.
- Comfort. After you get used to wearing your lingual braces, you may be surprised by how comfortable they are.
Are Lingual Braces Right for Me?
After Dr. Dale evaluates your teeth and talks to you about your goals and preferences, he’ll make a personalized treatment recommendation. Lingual, invisible braces might be an excellent fit for you if:
- You enjoy an active, social lifestyle and want a discreet orthodontic treatment.
- Your dental misalignment can be treated by lingual braces. Lingual braces can address most of the same issues as traditional braces, but they may not work for you if you have a deep overbite.
- You are ready to adapt to life with lingual braces. It may take a bit of time for you to learn to speak clearly with lingual braces. Also, you will need to adjust your eating habits in order to avoid foods that might damage the brackets or wires.
What Are INBRACE Lingual Braces?
Similar to other lingual braces, INBRACE utilizes small brackets that are attached to the interior surface of the teeth, or the side facing the tongue. The brackets are attached to each other with a wire that applies steady pressure to the teeth until they come to proper alignment.
INBRACE was created by orthodontists for orthodontists. Its diverse team consists of orthodontists, engineers, bone biologists, designers, and computer scientists to combine the best of all these fields to result in treatment that is effective and truly invisible.
How INBRACE Lingual Braces Work
INBRACE truly brings advanced technology into modern orthodontic care. With 3D computer modeling and AI algorithms, Dr. Dale can determine and plan out the most efficient way to realign your teeth using the least amount of force. Also, the INBRACE Smartwires are round and especially designed to deliver torque, allowing for more comfortable treatment that doesn’t interfere with your lifestyle.
Benefits of INBRACE
Choosing INBRACE for straightening your teeth has many advantages over traditional braces and clear aligners, including the following:
- Low profile brackets and wires.
- More confidence with hidden treatment.
- No need to remove and clean aligners.
- Easy oral maintenance.
- Fewer adjustment appointments.